Big Data Analyst
ReversingLabs was founded in 2009 with the mission of offering organizations the ultimate in threat detection solutions. In 2017, we were honored to receive the JPMorgan Chase Hall of Innovation Award for our truly unique, automated, and scalable static file analysis, malware classification and malware hunting technologies. Our pioneering technologies, exceptional products, and successful customer deployments also drove a $25 million investment in ReversingLabs backed by some of the savviest investors in the world. With our center of development excellence located in Zagreb, and offices in the United States and Switzerland, ReversingLabs is poised to achieve rapid growth and deliver groundbreaking innovation in 2019.
We are looking for a passionate Data Analyst with a keen eye for detail and the ability to understand data. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight, and insight into business decisions.
You will be in charge of developing and managing our master data set, developing reports, and troubleshooting data issues. To do well in this role, you need a very fine eye for detail, some experience as a data analyst, and understanding of popular data analysis tools and databases.
We offer file reputation records for over 8 billion samples, which makes our database the largest of its kind in the world. The information is served to the customers through more than 50 REST APIs and Feeds using our in-house developed database and backend system. By performing hands-on data research, you will provide insights and uncover potential issues for an enhanced decision-making process. You will be performing complex analysis on large data sets using appropriate data analysis techniques and tools with a strong focus on quality. You will develop analytical models to drive analytic insights and design new tools to generate high-quality reports.
- Interpreting data; analyzing results using statistical techniques
- Working with various database types to handle large amounts of data needed for analysis
- Developing and implementing data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
- Identifying, analyzing, and interpreting trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Working with team members to prioritize business and information needs
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements
- Using data to create models that depict trends in the customer base and the consumer population
- Professional experience in data analysis
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Experience with Python and/or Bash scripting
- Experience with databases and SQL/NoSQL
- Working proficiency in written and spoken English
- Enthusiasm for teamwork, constant learning, and adapting to new circumstances
- Experience in working with GNU/Linux-based OS
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages, databases, and programming
- Knowledge of statistics and experience in using statistical packages for analyzing datasets
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Permanent contract in a fast-growing global company
- Challenging projects in a dynamic, collaborative team
- Great career advancement opportunities - ReversingLabs encourages internal promotion
- Personal improvement through attending leading conferences and seminars in the field